Tips During the Use of Cutting and Grinding Disc
Henan Aurora Abrasive Co., Ltd. is a professional abrasive manufacturer since 1992. We are always focused on the quality control and the customer experience. Followings are some tips of what you always need to do and want you never do during the use of the cutting and grinding disc.
- Always wear approved protective clothing (PPE), including safety glasses or a face shield, ear protection and respiratory protection when using an abrasive product.
- Always handle and store wheels in a careful manner, and inspect them thoroughly for cracks or chips before using.
- Always ensure machine operating speed does not exceed the maximum safe wheel speed.
- Always check mounting flanges for equal and correct diameter.
- Always use mounting blotters, when supplied with wheels.
- Always ensure that work rest is properly adjusted (center of the wheel or above, no more than 1/8″-3mm away from the wheel).
- Always use a safety guard that covers at least 1/2 of the grinding or cut-off wheel.
- Always allow newly-mounted wheels to run at operating speed, with the guard in place, for one full minute before using.
- Always turn off coolant before stopping the wheel, to avoid creating an out-of-balance condition.
- Always follow safety practices issued by applicable health and safety authorities.
- Don’t use a wheel that has been dropped cracked or chipped.
- Don’t force a wheel onto the machine or alter the size of the arbor hole. Don’t use a wheel that fits the arbor too loosely. If the wheel doesn’t fit the machine, get one that does.
- Don’t exceed the maximum operating speed established for the wheel.
- Don’t use mounting flanges that are warped, nicked or sprung, or are not clean and flat.
- Don’t tighten the mounting nut excessively.
- Don’t grind on the side of the wheel, unless the wheel is specifically designed for that purpose.
- Don’t start the machine until the wheel guard is in place.
- Don’t jam workpiece into the wheel.
- Don’t stand directly in front of a grinding wheel when the grinder is started.
- Don’t grind material for which the wheel is not designed.