Home » News » Method For Grinding Wheel In Stone Grinding Processing
Method For Grinding Wheel In Stone Grinding Processing
Grinding is a method of cutting a workpiece with a fast working grinding wheel as a cutting tool on a grinding machine. The characteristics of this method are:
1. Since the grinding wheel itself has high hardness and heat resistance, the grinding can process materials with high hardness, such as hardened steel and hard alloy.
2. The characteristics of the grinding wheel and the grinding machine determine that the grinding process system can make uniform micro-cutting, generally ap=0.001~0.005mm; the grinding speed is very high, generally up to v=30~50m/s; the grinding machine has good rigidity; Hydraulic drive is used, so grinding can economically achieve high machining accuracy (IT6 to IT5) and small surface roughness (Ra = 0.8 to 0.2 μm). Grinding is one of the main methods of finishing parts.
3. The temperature in the grinding zone is high due to severe friction. This can cause stress and deformation of the workpiece and even burn the surface of the workpiece. Therefore, a large amount of coolant must be injected during grinding to reduce the grinding temperature. The coolant can also act as chipping and lubrication.
4. The radial force during grinding is large. This results in a flexible retraction of the machine tool-grinding wheel-workpiece system, making the actual depth of cut less than the nominal depth of cut. Therefore, when the grinding is about to be completed, the knife should not be used for light grinding to eliminate the error.
5. After the abrasive grain is blunt, the grinding force also increases, causing the abrasive grain to break or fall off, and the sharp edge is re-appeared. This characteristic is called “self-sharpness”. Self-sharpening enables grinding to work normally in a certain period of time, but after a certain working time, manual finishing should be carried out to avoid vibration, noise, and damage to the surface quality of the workpiece.